A guide for weekly clean of a wooden floor from commercial cleaning services Chicago
- To avoid scratching your floors, start by vacuuming up any dust, dirt or pet hair. If you are worried about scratches use the soft floor-brush attachment of your vacuum.
- Fill a bucket with warm water and add a squirt of dish soap.
- Mopping a wood floor is a quick, easy way to make a room shine. Start at the far wall and work your way across the floor, using long, even strokes. You’ll want to mop backwards and forwards in the same direction as the wood grain. After you’ve mopped an area, wring out your mop until it’s just damp and move on. In minutes, your floor will be dry again!
- For oiled floors, simply mop the floor with a bucket of warm water. Change the water when it gets cloudy. Let it air dry for 15 minutes, opening windows if you’d like.
- Give the floor a quick once-over with a soft cloth.
A thorough cleaning of a wooden floor
- Dirt, grease, oil and grime are natural by-products of living in a household. To keep your wooden floor looking its best, it is important to give it a deep clean at least twice each year.
- To mop the floor, dip a mop into your bucket of cleaning product and wring out so that it’s damp, not soaking wet. Mop the floor being careful not to leave huge puddles of water as this can ruin the wood. Some cleaning products need to be rinsed off with a clean, damp mop afterward; check the instructions on the bottle for details.
- To dry wet clothes quickly, open a window and let the clothes flap in the breeze or turn on central heating.
You can always clean your floor yourself or call the professional cleaning services Schaumburg. Companies that clean all surfaces are the best choice! With them, you don’t have to worry about scratching or damaging your floors. Professionals know that your properties are the most important!